Sunday, July 31, 2011

MY LAST 48-HOUR SHIFT

Tomorrow morning I start my last 48-hour shift:  We go to 24-hour shifts starting next week.

I'll still work roughly as many hours (a few less in the case of paramedics at our base, in order to preserve occasional long stretches of time off, but there'll probably  be plenty of overtime available for anyone who wants it).  I'll just work them in smaller chunks, which means I'll be driving to and from work twice as often.  On the bright side, it will also mean when we're flying lots, we won't be doing it for two days at a time ... and I'm really looking forward to that.

Spent the morning hanging out with Sam and doing post-move-in stuff; more unpacking, dishes, laundry, etc.  This afternoon and evening we had another D&D game, the first in a few weeks.  Lots of nerdy fun was had by all.

Well, I'd better get to bed.  Good night everybody!  Love and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment